Documents Required to import a car in Ireland
Documents required for Custom Clearance, Registration and Licensing
- Bill of Lading (B/L): You need the original to prove that you’re the one who should take it.
- Invoice(s): Your invoice(s) to prove to Customs how much you paid for it and shipping.
- Deregistration Certificate: Required for Japanese imports by Customs.
For Vehicle Registration:
- Completed VRT4 Form (provided at all VRO offices)
- Purchasing Invoice
- Deregistration or Export Certificate
- Proof of payment of Duty
- Laser Card, bank draft or personal cheque (for VRT payment)
For Licensing (also called Road Tax or Motor Tax):
- Completed RF-100 Form
- Current Certificate of Insurance issued in Ireland
- Payment card (Laser, Visa, or MasterCard) to pay appropriate fee.